Thursday, February 9, 2012

INSPIRATION THURSDAY, CEMENT BENCH AND ALYSSUM

Bench and flowers, photo courtesy of SugarCreek Gardens
The picture I found online for today is very inspiring to our garden.  You see, when "Ma" moved out, she left a concrete bench, very much like this one.  Only it has squirrels on each end instead of lions.  But there is a spot in the yard where I cleared some trees and it left a perfect little half circle of trees.

I'm thinking the bench, in that spot of trees, and planted with some Sweet Alyssum all around it, would give us the exact same look.

That's why I post these every Thursday.  They are pictures that inspire us to create something, and after all, that's what inspiration is all about right?

Today is my blog day off, so I'll see you back here tomorrow!

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. I use Sweet Alyssum in pockets between rocks, as a low border and in flower boxes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love the smell of it? It reminds me of honey. Plus it's just so pretty. I like the idea in between rocks, hmm, maybe I should do that around the cobblestone path (if I can ever get to that project).

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!