Friday, April 29, 2011

FOUNTAIN IN A PLANTER / POT / VASE

While cleaning up around the property, I found this great planter/vase.  It stands almost 3 feet tall.  It had a tree in it, and I believe it was a gift (tree and all) to Ma once upon a time.  Sadly, the tree died, either in the hard freeze this past Winter, or the lack of water this dry Spring
(or perhaps a combination of both).


I was looking at it, and thought, "hmm, I wonder what I could do with this?"  I initially figured I'd just put another plant in it, but when I dumped out all of the dirt and emptied it, I found a  beautiful blue glazed interior.  It was too pretty to just fill back up with dirt and another random plant...so I stepped back for a moment, looked at it, and then it hit me.


A fountain!  Maybe it's the color, but I just imagined water bubbling out of it the moment I saw it.  The outside colors blend well with the landscape and then the deep blue interior is just crying out for some moving water.  


For now, I moved it to the safety of the porch, but this weekend, I'm going to clean it up to be a project later on.  I will of course, post all the details of here, but when I'm done,

Vase urn fountain

I hope to have something like this!
There are instructions all over the internet, so I should be able to come up with something nice.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!